Saturday 15 March 2014

Revlon Highlighting Palette - Multi-Tasking Wonder?




I recently picked this up from Superdrug for £6.99 though it is currently on 3 for 2 at Boots if you were planning on buying anything else.

It contains five colours: pale pink highlight, pink, brown-toned bronze, warm-toned bronze and light-toned bronze. Each strip is wide enough to use alone as you can easily pick up just one colour with your chosen brush, or you can swipe your brush through as many shades as you'd like to mix them up.

The colours are very soft and subtle, it would be difficult to go OTT with this product so it would be perfect for a first-time venture into highlighting powders.

I like to use the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply a mix of all five colours across my cheekbones, or sometimes just the pale highlight shade. When you apply it to your face it doesn't look shimmery at all, so I am happy to use it everyday.

Now I love it as a highlighter but what about as an eyeshadow? I tried this out today with a combination of the bronze shades and the highlighter, it is quite shimmery as I used quite a lot but it looks nice. If you were really pushed for space in your make-up bag you could definitely get away with just this for eyes and cheeks.

Has anyone else tried this palette?


No comments:

Post a Comment