Wednesday 26 February 2014

First Impressions: Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation

Boots, £8.99


I was drawn in by the claims of this foundation - "reduces the appearance of the visible effects of stress including bumps, dullness and redness". I went with the shade Sand and I do think it is the right match for my skin.



I planned to test this out all day on Sunday, so I applied my moisturiser and then used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply the foundation all over my face. The consistency isn't as liquidy as I'd expected, though it was easy to pick up with the brush. I spent a considerable amount of time ensuring that my whole face was covered evenly, I did have to use a large amount to do this. I used the brush to try to blend it in for a natural look, but in the end no amount of buffing was going to achieve this.



I did my best and went to inspect my face in the bathroom mirror. The colour match was fine but it really seemed to cling to even the slightest dry patches on my face - something that doesn't happen with my NARS tinted moisturiser. It didn't quite look natural, slightly cakey would be the best description I think.



Even though I didn't have many plans for the day I couldn't face wearing it, I removed it straight away and used my regular base instead. This is a real shame as I had been looking forward to trying it out for a while and had high hopes for it. I will be trying it again, maybe with a different application method, but for now it is not for me.



Has anyone else found the same problem with this foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment