Saturday 22 February 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms

£7.99 (currently on 3 for 2 at Boots)



L-R: Elusive, Audacious, Striking
By the time the new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms were released I had read so much about them that I couldn’t resist buying one (okay, three..). They were on 3 for 2 at Boots and I just had to try three different shades. After some searching different Boots stores and pondering over colours, I went for Elusive, Striking and Audacious.


The new matte and lacquer balms seem to be a variant of the original Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stains (of which I already had two), though they have split them out into glossy and matte varieties. While I do love the originals I think it is brilliant that they have developed these further. Matte lips are so popular at the moment and glossy colours will always do well.


The colours I chose were:


Elusive - deep pink with quite a bright colouring
Striking - classic bright red
Audacious - red with a hint of orange/coral


I am very happy with the colours I bought, they are all quite different. The formula of each is the same, very soft and easy to apply - they feel quite moisturising when you apply them. I think that my lips were quite dry when I started using these but since applying lip balm every night I have found them to be much better so I don’t think it’s the matte balms that were causing this. These dry very quickly and the colour does not come off, not even on my coffee mug when I get to work first thing! 


The colour lasts very well, certainly through the entire morning but not quite to the end of the day.

They are great for nights out as the colour will stay put and you can reapply without a mirror as they are so easy to use. As they are matte they are still quite wearable for work everyday which is a definite bonus, I love products that are so versatile. I’d definitely recommend these if you’re thinking about trying them, the shade selection is so good - does anyone have any other favourite shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment